zs carb

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: zs carb
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 21:46:04 -0500
Our 79B has been running rich since I rebuilt the ZS carb. Last week I set the
valve clearances (.014 hot), timed it, adjusted the idle, and then used the
carb adjustment tool to screw the needle down into the jet. I adjusted it as
far down as it will go; I even pulled the air valve out to make sure. It runs
great (it was running great before, but only getting 18 MPG) but only got 22
MPG on a long run this weekend. Is there something else I can adjust to make
it run leaner? I doesn't ping at all, even at 30 MPH in 4th. BTW. the damper
is full of oil.

Monte 79B, 67B, and 74 1/2 parts car
Kahoka, MO USA