Re: zs carb

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: zs carb
From: steveb5815@juno.com
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 09:00:19 -0400
Monte,

Yes the arm should touch the button. That is the fast idle cam. It will
push in when the choke is "off". It is good if yours is working, that
means that the choke pulloff is OK. One problem could be with the gasket
or the internals of the choke itself. I don't know of any way to confirm
that it is not worn out short of replacing it. I'm sure a new one would
be very expensive.

Double check that the heater is properly adjusted to completely pull off
the choke. If you haven't done it, index the spring according to John
Twist's instructions. They used to be online but I don't know if they
still are. (I understand his book is very useful) At least that way you
will know the choke is being sufficiently pulled off.

Steve B