Re: zs carb

To: <steveb5815@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: zs carb
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 23:22:26 -0500
Steve,
The 22 MPG were all highway miles at 60-70 MPH. I dismantled the carb a few
months ago and replaced float and dismantled the autochoke and checked it
also. Set all clearances according to the Haynes Carb manual.
How do you know if the needle and seat are working properly? When the car is
warm and the auto choke is off, should the fast idle arm be pushing in the
little button on the outside at all, or should the arm not be touching this
button? This is what I'm wondering is if the choke is on a little. The car
runs great thought.
Thanks,

Monte 79B, 67B, and 74 1/2 parts car
Kahoka, MO USA