Re: Castrol GTX High Mileage 20W50

To: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>, "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>,
Subject: Re: Castrol GTX High Mileage 20W50
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 19:17:42 +0100
Lucas, eh?  I suppose your oil pressure is now 'dim, flicker and off'.

Castrol have been selling oils for both 'modern' and 'older' engines for
some time.  Originally (1970's?) 20W/50, GTX changed to 15W/50 quite a long
time ago, but has recently changed again to 15W/40 which I wasn't very keen
on.  I had been aware of GTX Magnatec for some time but thought it was only
for modern engines, but find they also do it for older engines as well (you
have to read the 'can' very carefully as they are almost identical).  Even
though it is the same grade (15W/40) I am sure I have better oil pressure,
cooler running and even less consumption than before.  All this relates to
the UK.