RE: Sigline

To: "'WSpohn4@aol.com'" <WSpohn4@aol.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Sigline
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:53:58 -0700
Bill:

You caught me at lunchtime, so why not.....

'99 Mazda Miata.  Now 2 foot shorter after being hit by a container truck
last week.  I thought it would make a good commuter,  truck driver thought
it would make a good frisbee,  waiting for insurance.
'98 Nissan Pathfinder.  Nice wheels for the fiance to drive, that she can
also haul her horse with when the Dodge is out hauling British cars.
'95 Dodge 2500 Diesel Pickup.  Cos, if you own British Cars, ya gotta tow em
sooner or later.
'87 Toyota Camry Wagon.  Now the daily driver, was the fiance's old car, so
it was free.  Boring but dependable.
'80 Rover SD1 5 spd.  Don't ask, it was sitting in a field next door.  I had
to save it from the crusher
'80 Rover SD1 auto.  see above
'80 MGB.  Stripped, waiting for the transmission tunnel to form itself to
fit a Rover 5 speed of it's own volition, so I can stuff the V8 in.  So far
not a ripple has occurred.
'79 MGB.  Given some time and energy, this one will be on the road soon.
Lacking the aforementioned it's going to settle into the ground.
'73 MGBGT.  Was going to be the daily driver.  When the engine buried under
all my belongings in the garage of my old house builds itself, then perhaps
it will be roadworthy.
'70 Rover 3500S.  See above comments regarding other Rovers found mouldering
in field.  Actually paid to have it brought back from the crusher.
'70 Rover 3500S.  Are we seeing a trend here?  Hey, it had a 4 barrel on it.
'68 Morgan +8.   Well, kinda.  There are lots of bits and a new chassis.  I
put up a special plastic building just to keep this one covered.
'66 Jaguar 3.8S.  Sadly sinking into the grass, needs the trannie and
steering gone through.  I've got the bits, but not the time or place.
Pretty Toyota 5 speed and Vicarage rack conversion sitting on the floor in
the garage of my old house.  You know, moving onto a lot with a barely
livable shack on it can cause short term problems with the British Car
lifestyle.
'66 MGB GT.  I've got the Sebring fender flares RHD conversion bits and
knock off minilites, it'll be a Sebring GTS look alike sometime, honest?
Right now it's just a rusty hulk, but what potential.
'65 MGB Vintage Race Car.   If you got this far down the list,
congratulations.  This one actually runs and drives, the only British car I
own that does.
'58 MGA.  well sorta, if the factory made them with square corners.  It
looks like it came out of a blender
'58 MGA.  The body on this one is ok.  No drivetrain.  Hmmm, I read
something about a Miata powerplant fitting.   Hmmmmmmmmmm.  I just happen to
have a spare one, see above.
'58 MG Magnette.  Sitting in the field next to the 79B.  This one will be
done soon,   promise?
'58 Morgan +4.  Basket case, who knows, but it keeps the +8 company and lets
me know which way round the fenders go.

all the best.

Kelvin Dodd
somewhere in Ojai, CA. there is a field full of barn yard finds.