RE: More currency exchange - was Re: Getting GBP in US

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@marketvalue.net>,
Subject: RE: More currency exchange - was Re: Getting GBP in US
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:12:42 -0400
Canadian banks are far more trusting than US or Brit banks.  In England
they refused to cash a bankers draft on a HUGE Canadian bank despite my
friend who had an account there saying to pay it into her account and then
draw the money from her account and give it to me - They said NO! ...all
for 250 GBP !!!!!  US banks do not ask "what bank" they just say "Canada???"

At 09:06 AM 5/15/02 -0600, Larry Hoy wrote:
>I sent a grocery store MO to a seller in Canada, he commented later it
>was no problem at his bank to accept it.
>
>Larry Hoy

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson - barrier@bconnex.net