Re: twin 1 3/4" SUs on my B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: twin 1 3/4" SUs on my B
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 16:09:12 EDT
In a message dated 16/05/02 12:00:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

> woof!  slobber.
>

> > Why oh why is saying the word "racing parts" in front of many
> > MG owners the
> > equivalent of letting a bitch in heat run through a kennel of
> > male dogs -
> > even if they have no chance of using the parts, they start
> > foaming at the
> > mouth (and barking?).

Yeah right.
I sometimes think I could sell soda straws stuck through corks as performance
items if I just stencilled the word 'Weber' or 'Special Tuning' on them.

Think of me as Pavlov in mechanics overalls - "Here boy - racing part!"

MG owners aren't any thicker than others though - in a Fiero group I read,
filled mostly with young know-nothings, interspersed with the odd
thinks-he-knows-it-all, the ongoing idiocy is the 'performance chip' for the
engine control module, despite repeated evidence that the only thing they
accelerate is the emptying of the wallet of the sucker that bought them. PT
Barnum was indeed right.........

Bill