Re: twin 1 3/4" SUs on my B

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: twin 1 3/4" SUs on my B
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 14:17:55 -0700
Word on the street is Jason F. Dutt said:
> LOL!  However, this is not just a symptom of MG owners.  Go autocrossing
> sometime and have a chat with some of the riceboys there running 3" exhaust
> (or, worse yet, exhaust tips) on their virtually stock 2 litre 4 bangers.

I can't wait until my car's finally ready to autox and I can whip some
tail with my mostly-stock 36 yr old technology.

You're right though, I seem to recall most of the gearheads of my youth
(which was NOT that long ago) actually had some mechanical knowlege.
Not to say there aren't some extremely fast import cars out there that
ALSO have silly wings and clear tail lights, it just seems to be the
exception rather than the rule.  I think the number of people that are
attracted to making real performance mods has probably stayed the same
but with the increasing disposable income of teens there are simply more
people willing to tart up their Civic because the import mags tell them
it will attract chicks in hotpants...

Speaking of performance, I'm already deep into the planning stages of
building a 250hp BMW 325i (and thats before the NOS) which should be
entertaining :)  E30's are so darn cheap now I can't resist, and for the
same money you put into tuning the MGB (which is perfectly fun to drive
in stock form) you can make massive gains on newer tech.

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)