Re: twin 1 3/4" SUs on my B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: twin 1 3/4" SUs on my B
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 22:04:23 +0930
WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:

> The HS6s won't do you any good without other engine mods -

I have all the engine mods (primarily ported-to-death head, cam, valves,
etc.) but still was just salivating at the thought of MORE AIR, MORE
FUEL.  I still don't think I am getting the best out of all the work I
have done on the engine.

Still, there is a damn good chance I will keep the 1 3/4" option as just
that, an option.  Believe it or not I think my best chance at shaving a
few seconds off my times at the moment is in buying some strange new
hardware - racing (there's that word again) seats!

I am using stock seats still (money spent elsewhere) and no matter how
tightly I do up my harness I still find myself bracing my knee against
the door on hard left-hand corners, and particularly on the really nasty
left-hand sweeper that goes on forever (remember, I sit on the
right-hand side of my car:-)

Seated properly, strapped in and immobile would certainly help my driving.

So there ya go.  New carbs or a new seat - I am going for the seat :-)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII