Re: Is brake fluid flammable (or: why did my car burn?)

To: Steve Shoyer <Steve@shoyer.com>
Subject: Re: Is brake fluid flammable (or: why did my car burn?)
From: Dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:41:36 -0700
Many years ago... I was installing a starter solenoid on an early B,  The
wrench I was tightening the battery cable nut with touched the break line
coming from the MC and instantly melted the line.  The break fluid caught on
fire and was dribbling out of severed line feeding the fire.  I was able to
smother it a towel so the break line was the only damage.  If you had a bare
wire ground agenst a break line it could cause a fire and cause your breaks to
fail.. Id inspect the lines and see if any are melted through.  I would suspect
you had an electrical fire that caused a wire to short through a break line.
You pictures look hart breaking..  I'm glad your okay and good luck sorting it
out.

Dennis
67 MGB