Re: Monte's big adventure

To: MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>, MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Monte's big adventure
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:10:44 -0700
on 5/23/02 9:21 PM, MonteMorris at mmorris@nemr.net wrote:

> Just returned from Star Wars movie and Monte had left a message on the
> machine. Said he is in La Grande, OR about 6-7 hours from Seattle. The car
> drives good except for a shimmey in the front end. He's only able to drive it
> a bit over 60. If anyone along I-80 has a rack he can buy, please let me know.
> He'll also need help putting it in. He's to call tomorrow evening and I'll get
> more details for everyone.
>
> Jane  MG Widow

Hi Jane

Good to hear about the progress so far. I'd have to say it seems a little
premature for Monte to be looking for a steering rack at this point. Having
the front wheels balanced would be my first step. If they are knock-off wire
wheels most shops will mis-balance them because they can't get them
concentric on their machines. But if he can find someone to static balance
them he might be OK. Just a suggestion. Looking forward to further updates.

Regards,
Max

--

Max Heim