Re: Antisieze compound

To: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@ameritech.net>,
Subject: Re: Antisieze compound
From: "Jeff Fayne" <fayne@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 08:58:50 -0500
While I'm certainly no expert on anti-seize or brake engineering, my take
would be that the brake parts you use anti-seize on, would not (better not)
see anywhere near either of those temps. I would imagine that copper
anti-seize is cheaper to produce than nickel and that's why its so
prevalant. I have both, and pretty much used the nickel on just exhaust
parts and silver colored parts (aluminium intakes, etc.)

I've gotten into the habit of using the stuff on most everything, but found
it's been a life saver on my wife's Nissan. I've had to replace about 4 or 5
fuel injector over the years and it's made the job of removing steel bolts
in aluminium. a snap (or should I say a 'no-snap').

Anybody know where anti-seize should not be used ?  A professional mechanic
friend of mine once said, only put it on bolts you WANT to remove someday, I
never asked him if he was pulling my leg.

Jeff
'70B