RE: CEI on late MGB

To: "'Telewest (PH)'" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: CEI on late MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 09:54:33 -0700
> I have diagrams of both systems on the web site below, click
> on 'Spanners',
> 'Electrics', 'Schematics' and 'Ignition'.
>
> The external ballast is not used on the 45DM hence neither will the
> white/blue be connected to anything.  Neither does it have
> the direct 12v
> connection of the 45DE, just two wires to the coil
> (white/black and white)
> and two to the distributor (yellow/red and black)
>
> PaulH

wow, I love this list.  Thanks Paul for uploading the diagrams.

Chuck:

        The CEI units were installed under warranty when the OPUS unit
proved defective.  I have never seen the retrofit wiring instructions, but
they must exist somewhere.  There will be some stray wires, as the
distributor mounted OPUS unit feed wiring will still be in the harness.
This is bypassed when the CEI amp was installed under the coil.  The best
news is that the CEI is still working well.  Clean the wires so you can see
the color code, then spend a bit of time with the wiring diagrams and you
will be able to figure out where everything went.

Kelvin.