Re: MGA wiper wires?

To: "swillis" <swillis@insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: MGA wiper wires?
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 22:52:43 -0500
At 04:36 PM 5/26/02 -0500, Scott Willis wrote:
>Anyone know which wires go where? I have two conflicting diagrams.

Yup, sure do.  Check here:
http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mgtech/electric/circ_f1.htm
Also click on "NOTES".  Six ways to connect three wires.  Five ways will
malfunction, and four ways will blow a fuse.

>There is a 1, a 2, and an E. 3 is enclosed.
>I have 3 wires. One black, one green, one green and black.
>
>1 = ?
>2 = ?
>E = Black I suppose

So far so good.  "E" is for "Earth", and ground wires are all black.  The
#2 terminal will take the green wire, hot from the switched fuse.  The #1
terminal takes the black/green wire, which goes to the screenwiper switch
and from there on to ground.

>My diagram says red, green and black. Would red be the green and black
>wire to be connected to 1? Then solid green to 2?

Yes.  But I have no idea where your diagram gets "red" for the wipers.  The
only red wires in the MGA are in the unfused lighting circuit (and there
are plenty of them there), feeding the parking lights, dash lights, map
light, and power to the fog light switch.  No other red wires anywhere in
the car, not even any red stripes.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg