Happy Memorial Day...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Happy Memorial Day...
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 16:53:42 -0700 (PDT)
...to US listers! Hope you all had a great week-end!

Well, in honor of British Car Week I have re-dedicated myself to my '65 B
Tourer restoration project, after many months of inactivity... As I sit
here tonight, with a bandaged thumb and scrapped elbow, I fell pretty good
about progress made. I removed the dashboard from the car over the
week-end, which was a little more difficult than I had thought it might
be, mainly getting to the 2 bolts in front of the driver. Right hand one
wasn't tough, but the left, due to the closeness of the horizontal part of
the scuttle, was a real bear! Kind of a tough reach, way up under the
dash, with me wedged between the steering wheel and trans tunnel hump. I
think I have an indentation in my lower back from the hump... However,
after packing everything away in baggies, labeling them and looking at the
bare dashboard, I feel pretty darn good! Just have one switch (the map
light one) to remove from the dash (darn plunger is rusted stuck - soaking
it in PB Blaster). Also nice to see the shiny Tartan Red paint under the
dash panel!

One question - I tested the water temp part of the dual gauge and it
works... Is there any way to test the oil pressure and fuel gauges once
removed? Tach and speedo both worked when I spun them - well, maybe not
the tach now, as I dropped it carrying too many things to the workbench :(

Oh yeah, the bandaged thumb is courtesy of the awl I was using to try and
get the stuck plunger to push in, and the scrape is from, who knows??

Also had a chance to take a 25-mile quick trip in the '76 B. Going to
drive it every day this week, a new route each time, in honor of BCW. And
end it at the Red Mill show in Clinton, NJ, on Sunday!

Later!

=====
Dan DiBiase
The Garden State (What Exit?)