Re: Happy Memorial Day...

To: yd3@nvc.net
Subject: Re: Happy Memorial Day...
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:46:42 -0700 (PDT)
Blake, thanks for the tip, worked like a charm! Nice to know that this
gauge is still good, I know they're kind of expensive.....

BTW, how does this gauge work? Does oil actually flow up to the gauge? Or
does a change in pressure on the air in the hose move the pointer?

--- yd3@nvc.net wrote:
> Dan:
>
> <<<snip>>>
> Is there any way to test the oil pressure
> <<<snip>>>
> You can test it using air pressure if you have an air compressor.  Turn
> the line pressure down on the hose to 40 or 50 lbs.  Verify its reading
> by inflating a bicyle tire and using a tire pressure gauge on the tyre.
> Or Rube Goldberg something together so you can measure the pressure at
> the end of the hose.  I used the air pressure gauge attached to my paint
> gun.  Replace the inflation chuck , or what ever, with a non vented blow
> gun.  Apply the blow gun's air to the gauge and see what it reads.
> BTDT.  Just make sure the line pressure at the blow gun is around 40-50
> lbs.  You don't what to be applying 120 lb. pressure to the gauge!
>
> Blake

=====
Dan DiBiase
The Garden State (What Exit?)