Re: British Car Week Report

To: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: British Car Week Report
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:48:30 -0400
  In coastal Connecticut, British Car Week has been, shall we say,
British. We have had two days of showers and rain, with periods of warm
sun.  It's the sort of weather that makes one glad he oils the hinges on
the top frame.
  One TD owner celebrated the week by popping a half shaft. He's bummed.
Cars sited yesterday and today include two new Minis, several XJ-6
saloons, a red MGA and my MGB-GT. There is an 8 hp Riley saloon parked at
a truck dealership in Branford.
   Sunday is forecast to be an excellent day for CT MG Club's show at
Harkness Memorial State Park, Waterford, CT.  Brits on the Hudson are
driving over in a group, and the Land Rover chaps winch themselves out of
the mud Saturday night so they can attend too.
Bob