Re: Vinyl, the care thereof

To: dave houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: Vinyl, the care thereof
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 10:01:44 -0400
The chap I mentioned below said use NOTHING.  He has this from the vinyl
manufacturers !!!!  He said that all products clog up the vinyl and rot it.
-even lanolin!   He said you get the nice shine but you also get the short
life.  Sounds like single malt!  So I have thrown out Armoral and buying
NOTHING - except soap!

At 06:16 PM 6/1/02 -0400, dave houser wrote:
>Vinylex, folks. Picked up a spray out at Carlisle and must say how happy I
>am with results. Threw away all my Armorall products!
>Cheers,
>Dave Houser
>
>Barrie Robinson wrote:
>
>>A while ago there was a thread regarding the "badness" of Amoral as
>>apparently the petroleum base, or the silicon, or the something rots out
>>vinyl.  A product called "303" was recommended.  Well I went to buy 303
>>from local shop who asked for my name and address - I said no, I just
>>wanted to buy 303 for cash and go.  They said they could not "activate
>>the computer" without my name and address - so I walked out.  Nearby was
>>a windshield, glass & trim shop.  Chap there was very informative when I
>>asked if he had something similar.  At first he said use a product with
>>lanolin then he said he would come clean.  He has been doing vinyl for 30
>>years and said best thing was soap & water !!!!!   He said Winabago (?)
>>voided their warranty if you used Amoral and all the vinyl tops etc.he
>>gets have pamphlets inside saying use nothing except soap & water.  He
>>said leather was the same !!
>>
>>I bought a leather interior from Prestige in UK and asked what I should
>>use for the leather - They said "nothing" but I could use soap and water
>>when it got grungy!

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson - barrier@bconnex.net