Re: Rear shocks tube or lever?

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear shocks tube or lever?
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:35:07 EDT
In a message dated 6/13/02 10:17:53 PM, schultejim@prodigy.net writes:

<< My 78B has tubes in the front and levers in
the back and has a tremendous ride to it.  What do you people think? >>

uh-oh.  You've just launched another round of the ever-running shock debate.
My vote, FWIW, is on the tube side of the issue, and especially for the rear
end.  I am less enthusiastic about the front, although I have them there in
my GT 'cause that's how it was when I bought it, and they seem to work well.
In the rear, although it can make the ride a bit more harsh until you run
them through a summer and they loosen somewhat, the chief benefit in my mind
is that they quell the wheel hop you can get from the live axel hitting a
bump in mid-corner.  Some swear--in severe language--that this never happens
in a B, so there is nothing to cure.  I hold the other opinion.  In fact, the
other day taking a corner while accelerating my 2000 Mustang GT (live axel,
too) I got a nice little hop.  Maybe I'm just a real bad driver.....

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT
66 Mustang

Jay Donoghue