MGB pinion bearing spacer

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB pinion bearing spacer
From: Allen Hess <allenhess@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:29:22 -0400
I am looking for a source for the MGB pinion bearing spacer, later
tube axle, Moss #125-615, illus. #77. This is a "crushable sleeve"
and not supposed to be reused. However several people suggest that
flattening it an reusing it possible.

I have recently received one from Moss and it is not a "crushable"
spacer. The wall thickness is .15". Moss says that the order was
picked correctly, what I have is what they have for that part number
(My order came from NJ though, maybe there is still some chance for
error).

TRF lists it too but is out of stock. A year ago this part was listed N/A.

Has anyone else found the correct part?

Does anyone have the spacer shims for the earlier banjo axle which
they could measure ID/OD for me? If the supplied spacer is the
correct dimension, maybe it could be used with shims like the earlier
axle.

Later TR6 also uses a crushable sleeve and listed as available. Is
there any chance that someone has one that could be measured? It's
unlikely to fit but maybe it could be modified if the dimensions were
close.

Thanks,

Allen