no oil

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: no oil
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:28:08 EDT
Hi guys,
Maybe you can help me.
I just finished a complete rebuild of engine and OD tranny for my 66 B (GHN3L
78708).
I replaced the crank, cam, pistons, rocker shaft...the works...and when I
first fired er up, she seemed awfully noisy on th etop end.
I finished all the usual checksand turned my attention to the valves. When I
removed the cover I noticed that there was NO OIL on the shaft. With 80psi on
the clock don't you think that there would be some?
I removed the rocker assembly and found shiny wear marks on the shaft....and
this was after only 15 min run time.
When I blow air into the hole I get nothing. I suspect a blockage somewhere
in the block.
A check of the oil scvhematic shows that the rocker is fed through the cam
bearing.......could this be so???
Has anyone else had this problem....before I do the work of removing all that
I took 4 days to complete ?
TIA
Bob Stahlbush
66 B GHN3L 78708