[Partial OT] Snotty Pinafarina owners

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Partial OT] Snotty Pinafarina owners
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:09:37 -0400
Almost without fail, if I wave to another LBC in my area (which isn't
exactly rife in LBC's), I usually get an enthusiastic wave back, if not
more.  But I waved at a small red convertible, initially unrecognizable,
later gave a welcome beep, and when I happened to park next to him, got
barely an acknowledgement (don't think I'm some oversocial puppy, but it
was more in context of hey - we have the only two small cars like ours in
the area).  Not only did he not acknowledge in any sense of the word, but
in a few subsequent encounters where I've waved without recognizing that it
was exactly his car, it's been total ignoration.   Is this some snottiness
with Pinafarina owners?  I've never seen this from a MG owner.  If a MG
owner doesn't respond, it's only because they didn't notice to begin
with.  Is it just some snotty Italian thing?  Is he a cat lover?  What
gives??? :)