Re: starter motor removal

To: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: starter motor removal
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 23:11:17 -0500
  MY '69 has a 4-synchro box.  Teh clutch slave cylinder is not in thhe
way.  Rather, I usually index the engine and remove the dizzy in order
to facilitate starter removal.

  Do they tell you to remove the slave cylinder or to remove the hose
going to the slave cylinder?

  In any event, there are two bolts holding the cylinder to thhe
flywheel cover.  You should be able to get a box end wrench (or a
socket?) on either of them easily enough.  NO need to take the hose off
the slave.

  Cheers.

  CR