starter motor removal

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: starter motor removal
From: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 18:36:11 -0700
I recently put out a request for advice on loosening nuts on a clutch
slave cylinder.
According to Haynes any B that has synchromesh needs to have the slave
cylinder
moved out of the way in order to make room to drop the starter.

The nuts wont loosen even with copious amounts of Liquid wrench, tapping
with a hammer etc, etc.

My question is : do I really need to remove a line to remove the
starter, as Haynes said,or are there other ways of dropping the starter.
I'm simply loathe to fiddle with the line to the slave, knowing all the
problems listers have had, trying to bleed the system after a repair.

Your ideas, tips will be most welcome.

Thanks in advance
Aubrey 75B (in Vancouver BC, where summer still has to open the drapes)