RE: 1978 MGB "Cat Hammock"...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1978 MGB "Cat Hammock"...
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:33:29 -0500
True story:

A man was backing out of his driveway one day. However, he didn't notice
that the neighbor's cat was sunning itself in the driveway. A squawk and
a squeal later, the cat had unfortunately passed on. Knowing it was the
neighbor's favorite pet, he went to find a shopping bag in which to
place now dead cat. He then went next door to explain the unfortunate
situation.

Luckily, the woman of the house wasn't home, but her husband explained.

"That's too bad, but I never really cared for that cat. However, my wife
will be really upset if she finds out. So why don't you take it and
dispose of it is a dumpster somewhere. I'll tell her it must have run
off."

Satisfied with being let off the hook, the man tossed the bag containing
the dead cat into the trunk of his car thinking he'd deal with it after
he had finished his errands. Of course, he ran his errands, came home,
and forgot the cat was still in the trunk.

Later that day, his wife explained she had some shopping to do and
wished to borrow the car. She had a couple of returns to make, so she
tossed her packages into the trunk and headed for the local shopping
mall. Upon unloading all the bags (yes, ALL the bags) she headed to the
store where she needed to return her items.

As luck would have it, she dropped the bag containing the dead cat on
the way inside. However, a sharp-eyed little old lady spotted the bag
and, being a good citizen, went inside the store and patiently waited in
the lost and found line. But being ever so slightly curious, she decided
to peek into the bag. Spying the dead cat, she let out a blood curdling
scream and fainted on the spot.

Being as she was a quite elderly lady, the paramedics were called. Soon
she was being loaded into an ambulance when one of the store clerks
shouted to the ambulance driver. "Oh look, that poor lady left her
shopping bag behind. I'll just put it here on her chest so she'll have
it when she gets to the hospital."