Re: What's with the grease zirk on the new U-joint?

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's with the grease zirk on the new U-joint?
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 07:12:08 -0700
Bob,

When you assembled the new U-J into the driveshaft, were you careful to note
that one "corner" of one half of the yoke has a relief ground into it? This
is where the long zerk is supposed to be positioned. Take another look at
the assembly and I believe you'll find there is a position where the zerk
will have adequate clearance.

Alternatively, as Paul suggested, find a shorter zerk. It'll be harder to
grease, often requiring a special end on the grease gun, but it will work.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center