Re: What's with the grease zirk on the new U-joint?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's with the grease zirk on the new U-joint?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 09:41:02 -0700
I thought I would point out that on a B, at least, there is a subtle cutaway
on one side of the yoke to clear the zerk fitting. I think there are 3 ways
to assemble it incorrectly, and one correct alignment. I don't know TDs, but
it might be worth checking.

Oh, and while I don't recall any actual interference problems at normal prop
shaft angles, the kicker is that you can't get a grease gun on the zerk
unless it is installed at the correct location -- the cutaway is for the
grease gun tip. So you might test that, too, even if you find a shorter
fitting..

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149