Tach Problems (Part II)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tach Problems (Part II)
From: "Phillip Erikson" <perikson2@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:13:24 -0700
Well, I just got back from the electric shop and I found out what they had
done: they claim that a) there was no wire attached to the post on the back of
the tach, and b) there was no wire running to the coil. So they ran a wire
from the post to the coil. That gave me the low rpm reading. So they now have
run a wire from the coil to the loop and they found that other wire and
reattached it to the post on the back of the tach. At first after they did
this, the tach read the correct rpm of the engine.Then the tach would suddenly
drop to zero and it gyrated wildy (as before) during driving. So now I'm back
to where I was when thisa whole thing started.

Do you think that a) the tach is defective, or b) they still haven't gotten
the wiring set up correctly?? I have another tach but am reluctant to
substitute it for fear of ruining that one too.

I am to bring the car back there Monday and leave it so they can work on it
some more.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions (and support),

Phil Erikson