FW: fuse box (was Re: Weirdo electrical problem)

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: fuse box (was Re: Weirdo electrical problem)
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:54:15 -0700
Paul:

The original Lucas fuse box is prone to corrosion between the riveted
contacts on the rear side after many years on the road.  It's a known
quantity and gives good service.  Probably at least if not better service
than some of the generic modern alternatives.

The original box is still available new for a reasonable price compared to
current vehicle replacement parts.

I suggest that if someone has problems with corrosion, to replace the box
with a new original unit rather than converting to an aftermarket style that
requires wiring modifications.

Note:  I have nothing against modifying the cars, and if you are running
high power radios or other aftermarket equipment a thorough rehab of the
original systems is a good idea.  But if you are using the car as originally
intended, the original electrical system and components still work well, and
are going to maintain the cars value.

Kelvin.