RE: Rear Hub removal on a tube axel...

To: "'Andrew B. Lundgren'" <lundgren@byu.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rear Hub removal on a tube axel...
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:58:50 -0700
Andrew:

The hub is now only held on by the taper of the axle shaft.  This is
typically going to take some BS&I to break free.

The best way to remove it is with a puller that centers on the axle and can
be attached to two of the lug studs.

Not having a puller, I once attached a loop of chain to a couple of the
studs, then swung a chunk of timber against the loop.  Sort of a flexible
slide hammer.  It worked, but was not very elegant.

Kelvin