Re: Question about "Redline" could be off topic /

To: yd3@nvc.net
Subject: Re: Question about "Redline" could be off topic /
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:16:21 EDT
In a message dated 8/27/02 2:38:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, yd3@nvc.net
writes:

> Low concentrations of glycol will turn to slush and the
> water pump can't pump them.  But the coolant NEVER freezes
> up solid.

- - - - - - - - - -

Lots of good info in your post, Blake.  Thanks.

Water Wetter apparently adds the necessary rust inhibitors.

I wish I had the time to really keep my cooling system in perfect order.  I
would:
Use water and Water Wetter in the non-freezing months, 30% AF in the freezing
months.
Flush every time I make the change.
Change thermostats like I used to back in the '60s - 160 deg F in the summer,
180 deg F in the winter.

But I have too many other things to keep me busy!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'75 Midget "The Project"