RE: A cool thing about our cars

To: "'Skye Poier'" <skye@ffwd.cx>, "'MG Nuts'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A cool thing about our cars
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 21:41:52 -0500
> Good god, I can understand "Is that a Fiat" or "Alfa" or "Triumph"
> but a BMW?!?  I mean, the 1600/2002 cabrios were bricks!!
[Lew Palmer]

Gentlemen,

It was about three weeks ago I was dressed in an MG shirt, checking out
at the grocery store. It was born in on me that the two, late teenage
boys at the check out counter had no knowledge or experience of things
MG. It is of course possible that I was blessed with a couple of
dim-wits, but I don't think so. Like many of you, the concern I have is
that there is a lost generation out there!

 We all hope to see MG returning to this market with new product, but
there is slim chance that anyone will want to return to a market where
there is minimal demand amongst the very generation that is key to their
success.

The 'Road and Track' and 'Autoweek's of this world have no vested
interest in talking about product that may or may not be available over
here. The only folk who are in a position to create demand or interest
are the enthusiasts. That's us.

Around the country, we all put on some very good events. We must tell
the world. Can I suggest that each of our Clubs 'volunteer' someone into
the (unpaid) position of Press Liaison Officer? A person who creates a
simple press release, and every other month, notifies the Paper, TV and
Radio of the when and where, of our GOFs, Rallies and Charity drives.
You never know, it might be a slow news day for some cub reporter. They
might even enjoy themselves - and we will achieve the purpose of
educating the public.

Octagonally,

Peter Thornley
And