Re: Bad Brakes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bad Brakes
From: Zach Dorsch <herr_dorsch@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:25:26 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I think that I got the brake situation figured out.  As per suggestions
from a couple people I went back out the car the next day hoping that gravity
had worked and the air bubbles had escaped.  I also checked the brake failure
switch fitting and it was loose.  I tightened that switch up and then tried the
brakes.  It still seems like a bit of pedal effort, but this is the first
manual brake car I have driven, so I am not sure of what the pedal pressure
should feel like.  The car definitely stops.  btw, some had mentioned the
rubber hoses failing, but I forgot to mention that I had replaced those about a
month ago, albeit with the original material (my budget prevented my purchase
of braided stainless).
Thanks again,
Zach