Re: Bad Brakes

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bad Brakes
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 10:40:52 -0700
The brake pedal should be firm, not spongy. The harder you push, the faster
it stops (I know this sounds obvious, but the amount of effort is
significantly more than in power brake systems, particularly American ones).
You should have no problem locking up the tires with a sudden stab at the
pedal (don't try this in traffic). Air in the lines will cause a "soft"
pedal, but a "hard" pedal is just right. AFAIK there isn't anything you can
do that would make it "too" hard (except for complete blockage of all the
brake lines)..

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149