Re: RHD, no thanks.

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: RHD, no thanks.
From: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 19:05:09 -0700
> Kevin Smith wrote:
> >
> > For what it's worth, I got a lot of double-takes and a bus load of kids
> > went nuts when they saw me on the wrong side,

As Eric said, wrong or correct.

> >  Myself, I'm sticking to what I'm used to, LHD.

You answered the entire question yourself. What you are used to.
In my early days of racing my Anglia, I would throw the car into the corner &
with my left hand play the wheel much like a rally driver. My right hand would
be
holding the gutter above my head.

What we did in our youth!

As time went on, I started driving with 2 hands at quarter to three.

When I emigrated to Canada in 1980, 'twas a challenging experience but I soon
mastered it. Now it's like being ambidextrous, I can drive LH & RH but I still
have the RHD manoeuvres imprinted in the good old noggin.

Aubrey 75B