Re: RHD, no thanks.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RHD, no thanks.
From: S & M Barnes <barnes@mghorizon.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 10:05:02 -0500
As you said here, it is what you are used to, as a Brit living in the US I
know exactly what you went through, I could drive on the wrong side of the
road with no problems as I had driven in Europe many times, but I had very
little experience in a left hand drive car and sitting on the wrong side of
the car and changing gears with the wrong hand took a long time to get used
to, the first few times were absolute nightmares!!

One thing that surprised me was that I could jump straight into an MGB and
have absolutely no problems at all but a modern car felt very different and
I was constantly trying to shift with the door handle! I guess it was
because my daily driver in the UK was an MGB and my brain was so familiar
with the car it made the switch for me.

After 3 1/2 years the shifting is now automatic, I don't even think about
it, however, every now and then I will still walk to the wrong side of the
car to get in!

MikeB