Re: MGF mid-engine or not???

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: MGF mid-engine or not???
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:24:34 -0400 (EDT)
Eric,

>The high doors (compared to my 'B) and 'stockiness' of
the...

This description perked my interest.
I sat in a Honda S2000 which I do like a great deal but the high door
prevented me from sitting comfortably with my arm  resting on the 'window
sill' sticking into the breeze (if there were one when the car isn't
moving). That is one of the many pleasures when driving my B.
        Is this the trend, not to be really comfortably? I don't
understand the design feature behind this characteristic unless the
designers are preventing the driver from destroying the aerodynamics. Is
that possible?

        What do you think?

Bill Saidel
'76B