Re: Loss of Oil Press over 4k - pressures -

To: "Geoffrey Gallaway" <geoffeg@geoffeg.org>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Loss of Oil Press over 4k - pressures -
From: <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:51:06 -0400
...sounds like at those speeds the oil is being pumped
out of the pan and not draining back down quickly
enough. Starving the oil pump will look like a drop in oil
pressure.  If you have a bit of positive crankcase pressure
and the lower crankcase is not ventilated properly,
 the lower case pressure coming up through the tappet
chest can be enough to slow the process of oil
leaving the valve cover area and draining back down
into the sump.

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com