Re: MBG sway bar size

To: "boss" <boss@wt.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MBG sway bar size
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:49:26 -0600
Normally I would say that the stock sway bar is as good as any but they are
no longer available according to Moss. They offer 5/8" to replace the 9/16"
stock. I'm not sure why the larger diameter would cause a noticeable
difference.

I am in the process of adding a sway bar to my son's 65B but fortunately I
have most of not all the spare parts from my old rusted 71BGT. In addition
to the sway bar and mountings, you will also need the front wishbone arms
with the mounting point for the sway bar. I'm not sure if it would work for
a larger size like 5/8" without boring the hole bigger. It looks like the
bolt points on the frame for the rubber mounts/bracket (5/16") are already
present, at least on the 65.

David
67 BGT
72 B