Re: Can't get Ujoint off Steering Column

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Can't get Ujoint off Steering Column
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:53:29 -0600
At 10:39 AM 9/24/2002 -0500, Charles & Peggy Robinson wrote:

>   Why not just replace the steering shaft seal in the one on the car?
>
>   Cheers,
>
>   CR

I'm not sure if the seal is available. It wasn't when I tried to fix the
problem ten or so years ago so I just kept adding oil once or twice a year.
And since I'm not familiar with a rack rebuild or seal replacements, I
figured I should try it on my spare unit that is lying around first.
Besides, I think a B is supposed to leak at least a token amount of oil so
if I let the rack be the source, maybe the engine won't (haven't fired it
up since the rebuild yet - still a few weeks away).

David
67 BGT
72 B