RE: Brake advise needed

To: "'Don Malling'" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brake advise needed
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:03:56 -0700
Don:

The most likely culprit for the empty reservoir are failed seals on the rear
wheel cylinders.  This is typical if the car has sat for some time.

Filling the reservoir is not enough to allow the brakes to pump back up.
All the air must be bled out of the system.  Then they will pump back up if
the seals hold.

If the car has sat for a number of years, I would recomend replacing all the
seals in the brake system as they don't like sitting.  Don't try to cut
corners with the brakes.

The PDWA assembly is a very simple device and is easy to repair, IF the
supplied kit fits it.  There are a number of different designs, if the
piston has O rings, the kit will repair it.  If however the piston has cup
seals, there is no kit available and the only suggestion is to get a used
unit which can be kitted.

So far, I've found no rhyme or reason as to which units come in which cars.

Hope this helps

Kelvin.