Re: timing

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: timing
From: Tim Baxter <baxter@gretschpages.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:07:44 -0500
OK, I know I'm hogging the list today, and I apologize for that. But
I'm really excited about tracking this problem down. I think
it's timing/distributor related.
B distributors rotate counter-clockwise, right?
With the mark on the crankshaft pulley between the 5 and 10 degree
pointers on the engine, giving approximately 8 degrees BTDC, I should
have the rotor pointing at either #1 or #4, right?
Is there any way of knowing which one it SHOULD be without pulling the
valve cover?
I'm thinking either the distributor is in 180 out or the plug leads
are on wrong.
All other thoughts are welcome.