Re: Parts cars for my BMH body shell

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, chris-mg@cthompson.com,
Subject: Re: Parts cars for my BMH body shell
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:29:22 -0400
Hi Kelvin, Chris, and Max

Thanks for the reply. Maybe this will work in the end.

The pictures from Chris helped a lot. I'll print them out and study my
body shell.

The 69 parts cars have reclining seats. Is it just a case of needing an
opening for the side lever, or are the reclining seats a different
shape/size.

Hmmm...I would really want the seats to recline, unless the 67/68 seats
are already in a fixed but reclined position. FWIW, the seats in my 68
TR250 do not recline, but are already in a fixed reclining position
(rather than upright).

I guess I had better find a 67/68 to look at and maybe sit in. Too bad
the car shows are over for this year :-)

Any suggestions on British wrecking yards where I could get the parts?
I'll poke through Skye's list: http://www.mgbexperience.com/

I hope you guys appreciate how important the information is that you
provide. I hope that by the time this is over, I will be able to help
the next guy the way you guys have helped me.

Thanks again,

Don Malling