Re: Other cars "challenging" you...

To: skye@ffwd.cx
Subject: Re: Other cars "challenging" you...
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:21:43 -0700 (PDT)
Skye Poier SEZ -

>   Invariably, its a truck or SUV.

I've never experienced this, but it's been a few years since
my MGA has been on the road.  When I get it back on the road I'll
look out for this behavior.  I also own an SUV, so that might
buy me some protection.  :-)  One thing I frequently noticed
when driving my MGB in the late 70s and early 80s was people
who felt they didn't need to yield the right of way to me, or
pretend that they didn't see me in situations in which I had
the right of way (4-way stop, merging situations, etc.).  I
understand motorcycle riders get that treatment alot.  I always
speculated that these people assumed that since I was prepared
to protect my car, I'd just get out of their way.  I long ago
decided it was a bad idea to carry a loaded gun in my car,
because I encountered several drivers a week I'd gladly shoot
dead with no remorse.  :-)

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were