Re: Other cars "challenging" you...

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Other cars "challenging" you...
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:51:12 -0700
Word on the street is David Breneman said:
> Skye Poier SEZ -
> >   Invariably, its a truck or SUV.
>
> I've never experienced this, but it's been a few years since
> my MGA has been on the road.

I've only had my B for 4 years, so maybe its a recent thing?

>  When I get it back on the road I'll
> look out for this behavior.  I also own an SUV, so that might
> buy me some protection.  :-)

You're off the hook, I didn't say "all truck/SUV drivers" I said
the ones that seem to disapprove of my being on the road are almost
exclusively truck/SUV drivers.  Like, all murderes drink water.

> One thing I frequently noticed
> when driving my MGB in the late 70s and early 80s was people
> who felt they didn't need to yield the right of way to me, or
> pretend that they didn't see me in situations in which I had
> the right of way (4-way stop, merging situations, etc.).  I
> understand motorcycle riders get that treatment alot.

Remember my urban bicycling tirade?  I'm used to it ;)

>  I always
> speculated that these people assumed that since I was prepared
> to protect my car, I'd just get out of their way.

Nah, its some sort of weird pissing contest..  the "my car is
bigger than yours" thing seems to be distinctly American??

Skye

--
Popular does not equal good.
New does not equal better.