Re: MGA 1500 - Lada conversion (modern day Grapes of Wrath)

To: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA 1500 - Lada conversion (modern day Grapes of Wrath)
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:16:12 -0600
At 02:58 PM 12/31/02 -0600, David Woerpel wrote:
>.... Did anyone catch the PBS special on cars of Havana?...these folks are
>ingenious......

Yeah, I saw it.  It looked like an amazing place just to visit, like a
country wide rolling museum full of vintage American automobiles with most
of them running and being used daily, and hardly a junker in sight.  It's
easier to understand when you consider that their best alternative for
personal transportation might be a Lada, and a long waiting line for that.

>.... What's the date for the DuPage swap meet?

Last Sunday in February, 2-23-03.  Check here for details:
http://britishcarswap.info

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com