Re: Stupid fuse question

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>,
Subject: Re: Stupid fuse question
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:48:25 -0000
The '35amp' fuse in MGBs is actually 35 amp blow, 17 amp rated.  None of the
circuits should draw 17 amps, let alone 35.  With the exception of the 500mA
Sequential Seat Belt System none of the fuses are intended to protect
components but the wiring in the event of a a short to ground, if you have
ever seen a white, brown or overdrive wire short to ground you will know
what I mean.  Having said that the fact the fuse is physically longer would
ring warning bells, I have seen them with different internals but not
different size.