Re: Stupid fuse question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stupid fuse question
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 23:18:30 -0000
I agree with David. All the slow-blow fuses I have seen have a small spring.
This spring pulls on a joint that is soldered together. The blow current
will eventually melt the solder, and the spring will pull the circuit open.

I have never seen a slow-blow fuse used in an automotive application. But,
that's not to say it hasn't been done.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470