Re: Stupid fuse question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stupid fuse question
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 07:22:55 -0500
Just to add to the conFusion (pun intended):  I recently installed an
electric trailer brake controller in my MG hauling Jeep.  The installation
instructions called for an automatic resetting breaker.  I had never used
one, but it turns out they are available cheap at any parts store in many
amperage ratings.  I could imagine folks may find an application for these
when wiring critical headlight circuits or anything else where loss of power
is worse than a hot wire.  I would only use them on dedicated relayed lines
that resided outside any harness, though, for obvious reasons.  One thing
that concerns me is whether you get any indication that there is a problem
that could lead to a fried wire and therefore complete loss of the circuit
anyway.  My guess (hope) is that you would see abrupt loss and restoration
of power.  Dean