Re: setting up air compressor - Off topic

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: setting up air compressor - Off topic
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 22:32:32 -0500
I'm in the upstate NY (cold).

If I have the air compressor in an unheated garage will there be a
problem with starting it in cold temperatures: 20F?  Should I leave it
depressurized so starting it in cold weather will be easier?

I think I'm going to get a 80 gal single stage Ingersole Rand 13CFM or
so @ 90PSI (I think...)

I understand that a dual stage will pressurize faster, but if I'm happy
with the CFM at single stage, why would I care about dual stage? Seems
the CFM is criteria not dual stage vs single stage. I believe that I
can use a smaller motor at a given CFM with dual stage than with single
stage, but if I'm getting the CFM I need, at the cost I want to pay,
then why do I care about motor size? (Assumes I don't care about the
cost of running the motor). This would be for occasional use -- home
use. Yes/No???

Thanks,

Don Malling